The quality of IP (Internet Protocol) Telephony is equal to traditional phone service. IP Telephony is often confused with a lower quality service called Internet Telephony, where calls are routed over the public Internet.
M5 runs its voice service over a private and secure network, ensuring the highest quality of service. To test the quality yourself, call us at 1300 306 898 to say hello.
Trust M5 with your voice network because:
- M5 is established: We have been providing our IP Phone System solution since 2000 and since 2002 in Australia.
- M5 is Australia and the Northeast United States leading provider of outsourced IP Phone systems.
- M5 is committed: Over 90% of our clients are referenceable and willing to discuss their experience.
- M5 project management: Our experienced project managers will plan and coordinate your transition to M5.
- M5 is responsive: We have a 95% same-day resolution rate for all service issues.
- M5 has carrier-grade facilities.
Select M5 over a premise-based phone system if you:
- Have more than one office and wish to be on the one phone system for your whole business
- Prefer not to purchase and/or maintain a phone system
- Want to lower your initial and on-going phone system costs (typically 20-40%)
- Value a redundant solution that is extremely reliable
- Will benefit from genuine 24/7 phone system management and support
- Expect to move, expand or add locations
M5 provides clients an IP Phone System at an attractive price that includes the following:
- Complete high-end business phone system
- Unique phone number and voicemail for each end-user
- Extensive end-user feature set including conference calling
- Multiple locations (e.g., one phone system for corporate and branch offices)
- Satellite office (e.g., same business phone number from work and home)
- Significant savings on call costs
- Web browser administration
- MS Outlook™ Integration
- Customised call accounting
- Free 24/7 support
The M5 IP Phone System utilizes IP technology to eliminate a company's need to purchase, install and maintain a PABX-based phone system. This basically means that your phone lines will run over our private network (as opposed to the public internet).